Starting 2019 with a Portrait Giveaway
What better way to start 2019 than with another portrait giveaway? Well, actually there are better ways…winning the lotto comes to mind. But, it would be fun to do another one of these custom drawing giveaways. This will be the fourth giveaway on this site, and the third that is exclusively for artwork. We’ve seen pretty solid engagement previously, and I’ve felt pretty good about the resulting portraits (here and here if you’re curious). It seems like a fun idea to start the next flip of the calendar!
If you participated in previous giveaways, this work basically the same way. Once again, the contest itself is hosted via Gleam. The prize will be one custom piece of artwork done by me of whatever the winner requests (in the style you see on the most recent artwork on the site). You can enter by subscribing via Facebook, Twitter, or email, and there are other options like visiting the store page or a bonus entry. Plus, as with last time, there is a daily entry if you really care about winning some artwork.
Here’s the entry form, and I’ve included details on the rules below:
January 2019 Portrait Giveaway
Basic Rules, Disclaimers, etc:
- I’ll let it run for about three weeks. At the end, I’ll click a button and Gleam randomly selects a winner (here’s how).
- To enter, you have to provide Gleam a name and email address. Whenever I’ve entered contests, I use a junk/throwaway email, Twitter, and Facebook just for that. I never receive spam from Gleam, but use your own discretion regarding real email/social media versus accounts used just for contests. Just know that whatever email you provide is how I contact you if you win.
- Once you’re logged into Gleam, to actually enter, you just click the buttons to visit, subscribe, or “like” the page.
- I was able to get an easy “click to enter” button (the first entry), but there are some other bonuses if you want to increase your odds. Each one you do counts as an entry.
- If you win, we can communicate about your prize however you’re most comfortable. It can be through the Amdall Gallery forums, via email, or just through the comments section here – totally up to you! My initial message to you will be via email.
- The winner gets to pick the subject of the artwork – as I said above, it could be a self-portrait, pet, most feared spider, or whatever. There are some exceptions though. I’m not going to draw something I find offensive. Art does reflect on the artist, and there are certain things that I wouldn’t want associated with me or this site.
- I am at my best drawing people, so you’ll get best results from those requests. I think I can handle animals too. I’m terrible at scenery/buildings/etc, so please don’t request that.
- No one has ever commissioned me for a drawing, but if they did, they could decline my posting it on the website. This contest is an exception though; I will share the finished product at the end. So, the winner should keep that in mind. If the winner prefers though, I will remove their name and just identify them as “anonymous” in my post sharing the artwork. I’ll never share a full name though, so it will either be “anonymous” or semi-concealed like “Jon A.”
Good luck to everyone who decides to give this a shot! I’m looking forward to seeing what sort of artwork we end up with.