Summer 2022 Portrait Giveaway
When I shared my last custom portrait giveaway, I mentioned that I had somehow let a year go by between these artwork raffles. I thought that was sort of an aberration due to the pandemic and all. Yet here we are again, almost a year later, and I let time get away from me again! I’ve had some good experiences with these, with winners who really liked their portraits. That positive feedback has naturally made me want to host more of them. I hosted two in 2020, one in 2021, and none so far in 2022 – so I think it’s prime time for another!
If you participated in previous giveaways, this work basically the same way. Once again, the contest itself is hosted via Gleam. The prize will be one custom piece of artwork done by me of whatever the winner requests. If you’re curious about the artwork style, I’ve included some previous giveaway results in the gallery on the right. You can also see more drawing examples on this site’s home page. You can enter by subscribing via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, or there are other options like a bonus entry.
Basic rules, disclaimers, etc:
- I’ll let the giveaway run for about a month. At the end, I’ll click a button and Gleam randomly selects a winner (here’s how).
- To enter, you have to provide Gleam a name and email address. Whenever I’ve entered contests, I used a junk/throwaway email, Twitter, and Facebook just for that. I never receive spam from Gleam, but use your own discretion regarding real email/social media versus accounts used just for contests. Just know that whatever email you provide is how I contact you if you win.
- Once you’re logged into Gleam, to actually enter, you just click the buttons to follow, subscribe, or “like” the page.
- I was able to get an easy “click to enter” button (the first entry), but there are some other bonuses if you want to increase your odds. Each one you do counts as an entry.
- If you win, we can communicate about your prize however you’re most comfortable. It can be through the comments section here, via email, social media – totally up to you! My initial message to you will be via email. This is my 9th giveaway and I haven’t had issues getting in touch with anyone yet.
- The winner gets to pick the subject of the artwork – as I said above, it could be a self-portrait, pet, most feared spider, or whatever. There are some exceptions though. I’m not going to draw something I find offensive. Art does reflect on the artist, and there are certain things that I wouldn’t want associated with me or this site.
- I am at my best drawing people, so you’ll get best results from those requests. I’m getting better at drawing animals though, so that’s probably a good option too. I’m terrible at scenery/inanimate objects/etc,…but I will give it a shot if you’re really enamored with some building.
- I will share the finished product at the end, both on this site and on a few social media platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook primarily). So, the winner should keep that in mind. By default, I do not share people’s names on this site (aside from public figures, celebrities, etc.). The Gleam widget does render the winner’s name in a semi-concealed way though by default, like “Jon A.” If that’s a problem for the winner, and they want complete name anonymity, there is an option for it too.
- I’ll send a digital version via email when it’s done, then mail the physical copy to you. I ship the portraits wrapped in plastic and covered on both sides with cardboard. I typically use USPS Priority Mail with tracking.
Good luck to everyone who decides to give this a shot!