Fall 2021 Portrait Giveaway
It’s been quite a long time since I’ve done a portrait giveaway – somehow, the last one was more than a year ago! It’s hard to believe it’s been so long since I did one of these artwork raffle/sweepstakes. The two I did in 2020, which resulted in “The Boo Crew” puppies and some fun beach portraits, were really great experiences that left me with positive feelings all around regarding this drawing hobby. Considering those good vibes, I was definitely surprised when I realized that was actually last summer. And here we are in the fall of a different calendar year, so let’s do another one!
If you participated in previous giveaways, this work basically the same way. Once again, the contest itself is hosted via Gleam. The prize will be one custom piece of artwork done by me of whatever the winner requests (in the style you see on the most recent artwork on the site). You can enter by subscribing via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, or there are other options like a bonus entry. I’ve tried to provide a variety of methods, just in case someone wanted to enter, but didn’t like some of the choices there.
Basic rules, disclaimers, etc:
- I’ll let the giveaway run for about a month. At the end, I’ll click a button and Gleam randomly selects a winner (here’s how).
- To enter, you have to provide Gleam a name and email address. Whenever I’ve entered contests, I used a junk/throwaway email, Twitter, and Facebook just for that. I never receive spam from Gleam, but use your own discretion regarding real email/social media versus accounts used just for contests. Just know that whatever email you provide is how I contact you if you win.
- Once you’re logged into Gleam, to actually enter, you just click the buttons to follow, subscribe, or “like” the page.
- I was able to get an easy “click to enter” button (the first entry), but there are some other bonuses if you want to increase your odds. Each one you do counts as an entry.
- If you win, we can communicate about your prize however you’re most comfortable. It can be through the comments section here, via email, social media – totally up to you! My initial message to you will be via email.
- The winner gets to pick the subject of the artwork – as I said above, it could be a self-portrait, pet, most feared spider, or whatever. There are some exceptions though. I’m not going to draw something I find offensive. Art does reflect on the artist, and there are certain things that I wouldn’t want associated with me or this site.
- I am at my best drawing people, so you’ll get best results from those requests. I’m getting better at drawing animals though, so that’s probably a good option too. I’m terrible at scenery/inanimate objects/etc,…but I will give it a shot if you’re really enamored with some building.
- No one has ever commissioned me for a drawing, but if they did, they could decline my posting it on the website. This contest is an exception though; I will share the finished product at the end (both on this site and on Youtube). So, the winner should keep that in mind. By default, I do not share people’s names on this site (aside from public figures, celebrities, etc.). The Gleam widget does render the winner’s name in a semi-concealed way though by default, like “Jon A.” If that’s a problem for the winner, and they want complete name anonymity, there is an option for it too.
- I’ll send a digital version via email when it’s done, then mail the physical copy to you (typically via USPS).
Good luck to everyone who decides to give this a shot!
Pingback: Summer 2022 Portrait Giveaway - Amdall Gallery
Pingback: Delayed Portrait Giveaway Artwork - Amdall Gallery
Pingback: Travel Art - Drawing on an Airplane - Amdall Gallery
Pingback: Thoughts on Portrait Requests - Amdall Gallery
Pingback: Amdall Fall Custom Portrait Giveaway | jonamdall.com
Pingback: Win Free Custom Portrait from Amdall | jonamdall.com
Pingback: Sweepstakes, Contests & Giveaways Mega List For 10/21/2021 - Yo! Free Samples
Pingback: Amdall Gallery - Custom Portrait Giveaway - Giveaway Frenzy
If I won, I wouldn’t have a problem with you saying it’s a drawing of me Jon 😁
You know Matt, if you are good with it, I would include your name and link your site as well! Sad to admit, I never even thought to ask previous winners if they had a website, youtube, or some other project they wanted me to promote. I really like that idea
Good luck to you on the raffle!
That would be perfect bro 🙂 hell maybe you and I should cross promote each other, I could draw something for you you for me in general, if ya want
Man, you’ve got the good ideas flowing!
Another thing that just came to mind, what if I selected multiple winners? I have the ability to select multiple randomized winners…I wonder if that would be biting off more than I could chew? Hmmm