Portrait Giveaway While We’re Social Distancing
As I was thinking about tentative plans for a few upcoming posts, the thought crossed my mind to do another artwork giveaway. It’s been about a year since my last one, so I think it’s a great time for another. They’ve been a fun way to generate new art projects, and the four or five I’ve done previously have had decent enough results. Fortunately, I do still have a decent cache of ideas for future art projects, but I figured this would be a fun way to mix things up a bit.
If you participated in previous giveaways, this work basically the same way. Once again, the contest itself is hosted via Gleam. The prize will be one custom piece of artwork done by me of whatever the winner requests (in the style you see on the most recent artwork on the site). You can enter by subscribing via Facebook, Twitter, or email, and there are other options like a bonus entry. As with last time, there is a daily entry if you really care about winning some artwork.
Here’s the entry form, and I’ve included details on the rules below:Spring 2020 Portrait Giveaway
Sidenote: If you’re a healthcare/essential-categorized worker and you want a portrait, you don’t need to enter this contest. Just get in touch with me either through the website or social media (I’ll try to use the relevant hashtags). If you’ve been taking care of us all during this pandemic, I’ll see what I can do to pay it forward. A portrait is a very small thing, but maybe that will interest someone.
Basic Rules, Disclaimers, etc:
- I’ll let it run for about three weeks. At the end, I’ll click a button and Gleam randomly selects a winner (here’s how).
- To enter, you have to provide Gleam a name and email address. Whenever I’ve entered contests, I used a junk/throwaway email, Twitter, and Facebook just for that. I never receive spam from Gleam, but use your own discretion regarding real email/social media versus accounts used just for contests. Just know that whatever email you provide is how I contact you if you win.
- Once you’re logged into Gleam, to actually enter, you just click the buttons to visit, subscribe, or “like” the page.
- I was able to get an easy “click to enter” button (the first entry), but there are some other bonuses if you want to increase your odds. Each one you do counts as an entry.
- If you win, we can communicate about your prize however you’re most comfortable. It can be through the comments section here, via email, social media – totally up to you! My initial message to you will be via email.
- The winner gets to pick the subject of the artwork – as I said above, it could be a self-portrait, pet, most feared spider, or whatever. There are some exceptions though. I’m not going to draw something I find offensive. Art does reflect on the artist, and there are certain things that I wouldn’t want associated with me or this site.
- I am at my best drawing people, so you’ll get best results from those requests. I’m getting better at drawing animals though, so that’s probably a good option too. I’m terrible at scenery/inanimate objects/etc,…but I will give it a shot if you’re really enamored with some building.
- No one has ever commissioned me for a drawing, but if they did, they could decline my posting it on the website. This contest is an exception though; I will share the finished product at the end. So, the winner should keep that in mind. If the winner prefers though, I will remove their name and just identify them as “anonymous” in my post sharing the artwork. I’ll never share a full name though, so it will either be “anonymous” or semi-concealed like “Jon A.”
- Usually, I send a digital version via email, then mail the physical copy to you. In these strange COVID-19 times, the mailing portion might be something we have to delay a bit. We’ll play that by ear.
Good luck to everyone who decides to give this a shot! I’m looking forward to seeing what sort of artwork we end up with.
Pingback: Finished Portraits from the April Giveaway - Amdall Gallery
Pingback: Healthcare Worker Portrait Request - Amdall Gallery
Pingback: Initial Sketch Outline Discussion | Amdall Gallery
Pingback: YouTube Channel for Amdall Gallery | Amdall Gallery
Pingback: Portrait Giveaway at Amdall Gallery – Shared Posts
Appreciate that Patricia – good luck to you if you entered!
very cool jon
Thanks Matt, I appreciate it!
Just for my own future reference, I’m going to use this comment to track some of the other places I shared this giveaway: