Portrait Giveaway, Round Three
Welcome to the third Amdall Gallery custom portrait giveaway! Well, I suppose it’s the third…the first giveaway included a choice of $20 or a portrait, so this will actually be the second that is only for a portrait. Anyway, this time the raffle is for a custom portrait (or other artwork) of the winner’s choice. I think the last custom portrait giveaway went well and had solid participation – as usual, I’ve got the motivation to draw but few subject ideas. So it seems like a good time to do another.
Everything for the most part is going to proceed the same as the last, with two major exceptions. One is that I made the entry period shorter, because a month is way too long. The other is a biggie…I included a bonus entry last time for people who entered via all methods (auto-entry, Facebook, Twitter, and comment). This time, I’ve made the bonus an optional daily entry! If anyone out there is really gung-ho about winning this, you can significantly stack the odds in your favor over the course of the next 15 days. I’ve never done it this way, so we’ll see how it goes.
I’ll provide more details below the entry, but here are some basics. Once again, this is done via Gleam. The prize will be one custom piece of artwork done by me of whatever the winner requests, in the style you see on the most recent artwork on the site. Here’s the entry area:
Basic Rules, Disclaimers, etc:
- I’ll let it run for 15 days. At the end, I’ll click a button and Gleam randomly selects a winner (here’s how).
- To enter, you have to provide Gleam a name and email address. Whenever I’ve entered contests, I use a junk/throwaway email, Twitter, and Facebook just for that. I never receive spam from Gleam, but use your own discretion regarding real email/social media versus accounts used just for contests. Just know that whatever email you provide is how I contact you if you win.
- Once you’re logged into Gleam, to actually enter, you just click the buttons to visit, subscribe, or “like” the page.
- I was able to get an easy “click to enter” button (the first entry), but there are some other bonuses if you want to increase your odds. Each one you do counts as an entry.
- If you win, we can communicate about your prize however you’re most comfortable. It can be through the Amdall Gallery forums, via email, or just through the comments section here – totally up to you! My initial message to you will be via email.
- The winner gets to pick the subject of the artwork – as I said above, it could be a self-portrait, pet, most feared spider, or whatever. There are some exceptions though. I’m not going to draw something I find offensive. Art does reflect on the artist, and there are certain things that I wouldn’t want associated with me or this site.
- I am at my best drawing people, so you’ll get best results from those requests. I think I can handle animals too. I’m terrible at scenery/buildings/etc, so please don’t request that.
- No one has ever commissioned me for a drawing, but if they did, they could decline my posting it on the website. This contest is an exception though; I will share the finished product at the end. So, the winner should keep that in mind. If the winner prefers though, I will remove their name and just identify them as “anonymous” in my post sharing the artwork. I’ll never share a full name though, so it will either be “anonymous” or semi-concealed like “Jon A.”
Let’s see how this one goes! Good luck to everyone who decides to roll the dice!